What are Chakras and why do we have them? Chakra is derived from the Sanskrit which translates to “wheel” or “disk”.
It refers to your spiritual energy center within your body. You have seven chakras along your spine and through your neck and the crown of your head.
Your 7 chakras are the energy centers that correspond to each of your organs including your emotional, psychological, and spiritual states of being. They also influence all areas of your life…
The energy centers make up “the subtle body” which is a separate realm from your physical body but greatly influences the entire system.
Here’s a way to think about it: your Chakras have the ‘prana’ or vital life force within them, it is what others call pure healing energy.
When the prana is allowed to flow smoothly in the “wheel” (chakras), you will have optimal well-being, you will feel blissful and vibrant as your mind, body, and spirit will be in harmony.
Your psychic energy will also be amplified which will allow you to manifest your desires much quicker.
And all areas of your life will flow perfectly.
But, that’s only half the story…
Let me share with you in detail about your 7 Chakras and what areas of your life they control.
1. Root chakra—Mūlādhāra is located at the base of your spine.
This is what connects you to the physical or material world. It controls stability, security, your connection to the earth, survival, abundance, family, and passion.
It also helps you choose whether to fight, step back, or to move forward in life as part of your survival instincts.
Furthermore, it governs your emotional needs of interconnection, a sense of comfort, and belonging. As well as being brave and fearless.
Physically – It’s associated with the lower part of your body, (lower back, lower spine)
The organs it controls are the kidneys and bladder.
Psychological and Physical Symptoms of a Blocked Root Chakra:
Detachment, self-doubts, low self-esteem, feeling rejected, indecisive, depressed, anxious, obsessions, fears.
Pent up grief and guilt. This prevents you to move forward and following your destiny.
Slip disc, lower back pain, sciatica, hemorrhoids, renal problem, problems with the lower body such as the groin, hips, legs, knees, calves, ankles, and feet.
Out of the 7 Chakras, the Root or the Main chakras is the foundation. Balancing it brings harmony to all chakras and all areas of life.
2. Sacral Chakra: Sanskrit name is svadhisthana
Associated with your attachment to other people, creativity, vitality, confidence, sensual and sexual health.
If you have an unbalanced Sacral chakra you will lack energy. You may feel fatigued and lethargic, lazy, and unmotivated in life. Sex and physical activities aren’t that appealing to you.
You may experience eating disorders, low self-esteem, chemical dependency issues, low libido, and unstable emotions.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra: Sanskrit name manipura is located at your diaphragm
Associated with your personal power, passion, intuition, and emotions.
Unbalanced solar plexus will make you feel stressed at all times with no power to control it, leaving you mentally and physically consumed.
You may experience difficulty concentrating, having frequent fears, overeating, and insomnia.
4. Heart Chakra: Sanskrit name Anahata is located at your chest where the heart is
It is the central chakra where your spirit resides. The vital energy center for your spiritual, mental, and physical well-being.
It governs self- love, compassion, protection, faith, forgiveness, and relationships.
If the heart chakra is blocked, you may feel withdrawn from everything around you.
Your material and spiritual world are cloaked by the heart chakra, and having a blocked heart Chakra will disconnect you from people you love.
You may also lack self-love and, and your love for nature.
Problems in relationships will arise and you will lose sight of everything that is love which includes empathy, and compassion.
5. Throat Chakra: with Sanskrit name vishuddha it is located at the base of the throat
The throat chakra controls communication, self-expression, freedom, responsibility, and authority.
Having a blocked throat chakra will make it difficult for you to express yourself with your words and your actions. People who have blocked throat chakra are unable to express emotions. Having feelings of being trapped and unable to come out.
It deeply connects you with your self-expression.
If your throat chakra is blocked, you may experience anxiety, fear, poor coping skills, and the feelings withdrawal.
6. Third-eye Chakra with Sanskrit name ajna it is located above your eyes in the center of your brows
Your third-eye chakra is connected with the mind, your opinions, thoughts, dreams, as well as your intuitive and psychic abilities.
If your third eye chakra is blocked, you will be bombarded with overwhelming thoughts. You will lack a sense of intuition and will be unable to make sound decisions because of poor judgment. You will also suffer from an emotional and intellectual turmoil.
Your perception won’t be clear and you won’t be open to fresh ideas causing you to further drift away from your true destiny.
7. Crown Chakra with Sanskrit name Sahasrara is located on top of your skull
It is associated with God – your belief, spirituality, divine connection, wisdom and enlightenment, as well as your connection to the universe.
If your crown chakra is blocked you feel disconnected with the divine, it’s as if you don’t exist… living aimlessly without any direction or purpose.
A blocked crown chakra can lead to depression and feelings of being incomplete.
Here are some astounding benefits of having balanced Chakras
- Release negative emotions and old toxic patterns
- Tap into energetic frequencies and higher states of consciousness
- See your life move forward in the direction towards your desires
- Attract abundance at will
- Achieve optimal well-being (no serious health, emotional and mental issues)
- Be in touch with your highest self and the universe
- Know your purpose
- Be able to control your emotions instead of the other way around
- Become comfortable and confident in your own skin
- Manifest your desires without dominating others
- Supercharge your manifesting skills by balancing your 3rd eye Chakra – see the world in a different light
- Be compassionate and have healthy relationships
- Have self-love
- Be able to express your own authentic truth and be confident to speak and take action
- Bring harmonious balance in all areas of your life